Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Rules > Polemos Rules > Ruse de Guerre Questions
TOPIC: Ruse de Guerre Questions
PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Ruse de Guerre Questions
Whirlwind
8th Sep 2019 05:34:43

A couple of questions about Polemos Ruse de Guerre (they are also on the Yahoo! group along with the latest battle report).

1 - Can the non-tempo player move bases contacted by the tempo player's bases during the non-tempo player's movement phase?

2 - Is the overall number of Tempo Points re-calculated as forces become broken during a game?  If so, is it done individually for each side or do both sides continue to use the highest total?

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Ruse de Guerre Questions
Glenn Pearce
9th Sep 2019 05:00:51

Hello Whirlwind!

1 - No. Both forces are locked in Close Combat once a contact (attack) has been made. All bases in both forces, even those not in contact are not allowed any further movement (unless forced to) until the next turn.

2 - No. Tempo Points are never re-calculated once the game starts. The C-in-c's Tempo Points per side (individually) are, however, reduced by 1 for every force that is broken, page 21 Force Cohesion.

Hope this clears things up, if not just ask!

Best regards,

Glenn

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Ruse de Guerre Questions
Whirlwind
9th Sep 2019 05:54:29

Okay Glenn, that's great, very clear.

PM SeanDClark
Standard User
Ruse de Guerre Questions
SeanDClark
10th Sep 2019 08:29:32

Welcome back to the blogosphere Whilrwind! Really enjoying your posts.

https://godsownscale2.blogspot.com/

The God's Own Scale Podcast can be found here...

https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Ruse de Guerre Questions
Whirlwind
10th Sep 2019 08:37:56

Thanks Sean, much appreciated.  More soon, hopefully!  Your Germans and Confederates are looking good...

PM Juvat06
Standard User
Ruse de Guerre Questions
Juvat06
2nd Jan 2021 08:43:19

I'm new to RdG (and most Polemos) and had a few questions along similar lines:

1.) "1 - No. Both forces are locked in Close Combat once a contact (attack) has been made. All bases in both forces, even those not in contact are not allowed any further movement (unless forced to) until the next turn."  Does this mean that even a seperate group of bases from the same force cannot move?  

2.)  One base of a force has recoiled out of combat.  Other bases remain in contact for various reasons.  On the next turn the player pays 3 TP to initiate combat.  Can the player also pay the 2 TPs to reorganize his force and bring the recoiled base back into contact/combat?

PM Eddie
Standard User
Ruse de Guerre Questions
Eddie
5th Apr 2021 08:10:06

A question on the practicalities of play:

• In Ranged Combat modifiers there is a +1 for infantry first shot at close range.
  • In Close Combat modifiers there is a +1 for Elan (not fired or fought before, although it is possible to regain)

How do you record this in your games?  Do you have a counter for first shot and Elan for every unit on the field or it there some other “trick” you use?

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Ruse de Guerre Questions
Glenn Pearce
5th Apr 2021 03:10:11

Hello Juvat06!

I appolgize for my late response as I somehow didn't see your posting until today.

!) No, all seperated forces not in combat are free to move. Any base within a group in combat locks down all base movement within its attached group. See page 18, Close Combat.

2) No, see page 16, Redeployment. When redeploying no other movement is allowed.

Is that clear? If not let me know. 

Best regards,

Glenn

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Ruse de Guerre Questions
Glenn Pearce
5th Apr 2021 05:48:01

Hello Eddie!

We simply put a puff of smoke (cotton) at the front of any base that has fired it's first shot or fought it's first combat. So infantry, cavalry, to reflect first shot/combat and artillery to show the artillery can't move and to remind players that the gun has fired as sometimes people forget and want to fire it a second time. So basically hidden or blend in markers that observers don't know. We try to keep as many ugly labels or markers off the table that we can.

Should the infantry or cavalry regain Elan/First Shot the cotton is removed. All cotton is removed from the artillery at the start of each turn. 

We also use Baccus casualty markers as shaken markers.

Not clear or have another question, please ask.

Best regards,

Glenn 

PM Brad1971
Standard User
Ruse de Guerre Questions
Brad1971
20th Jun 2023 04:10:28

I do not have these rules yet.  I have almost all the others though.  So we can use these rules for the Syw is that correct?   Is there any modifications that need to be done?  Do they cover all the troop types like Heavy Cavalry or do the scale of the rules just have Cavalry?

Waiting on the SYW rules but anxious to get my minis on the table for a big battle thanks very much.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
26th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD
Hail Caesar Arab Nomad Army

GNF11 - Ottoman Turkish FlagsGNF11