Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Brexit things
TOPIC: Brexit things
PM redmanzikert
Standard User
Brexit things
redmanzikert
23rd Mar 2021 04:53:10

I seem to have wandered into the TMP site by mistake. Could someone direct me to the Baccus site? You know, the one concerned with wargames and model soldiers

PM peter
Administrator
Brexit things
peter
23rd Mar 2021 07:59:37

Okay Chaps,  we've had our fun, but I am calling an end to this particular thread.   Any more posts here, pro, anti or just confused will be deleted.   To those who have called this discussion out for being poltical in nature, sadly, the topic for all of the many Baccus customers in the EU, is very pertinent as it is where the cold hard nature of Reality meets the fluffy nature of Fantasy with dire results for all concerned.   Discussions such as this are an inevitable consequence of actions taken.   Not talking about the results of Brexit on businesses such as ours, does not make those issues go away.

However...

• I hate to stifle debate, and freedom to put a point across that others may disagree with is a fundamental right which I am very happy to uphold.  To this end, I have put a post on my personal Facebook timeline, outlining the pertinent points as I see them and anyone is welcome to pile in, on what is proabably a more appropriate arena for debate.

• Also, getting information such as that provided by Seth and Daniele on how Brexit is affecting them and what it is costing, is very important, and I will be starting another thread asking others to share exactly these details.   As a business owner of an operation exporting one third of our total sales to the EU, it helps me get a good picture of how things are shaking out, so please continue to share.   I will be restricting comments on that, as I feel that the statistics and facts shown will speak for themselves.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by HyveMynd
15th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
14th May 2024

Camels by DuncanWB
14th May 2024

And you thought 6mm was small? by Wigster600
14th May 2024

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by dourpuritan
14th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS