Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Brexit things
TOPIC: Brexit things
PM lukicpz35t
Standard User
Brexit things
lukicpz35t
20th Mar 2021 11:53:01

johncp, I understand what you mean, I find unnecessary deprecating Brexit and all its corollaries. But I'd like to keep open this thread because I live in the EU (Italy), and want to know what other people experiences are with customs, and what Baccus Mega Corp. plan to do to tackle this real issue (extra £££££ of customs fees).

I suggest this: lets keep it to the point, share custom's problems and such, and keep the Brexit politics views out of the thread.    

PM peter.mccrone
Standard User
Brexit things
peter.mccrone
20th Mar 2021 01:31:40

The answere may be to set up a smuggling organisation that could pick up large batches of orders from Baccus whenever someone is going to the EU and posting them on arrivel. Customs shouldn't be a problem "Ah, sir, you appear to have a lot of little soldiers and vehicls" Indeed Mr Customs officer, they are for personal use."But you appear to have 120,000 figures and 900 vehicles from fourteen different periods" Do you know any wargamers Mr Customs Officer? "Ah yes, do go through the "Nothing to Declare" channel!

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Brexit things
dourpuritan
21st Mar 2021 03:03:36

May I suggest that John CP simply not visit this thread. I am getting a bit sick of the head in the sand, my country right or wrong approach by wargamers of all people. Your entire hobby is based on political messups throughout history, yet you cannot look at cockups in your own country. I am really despairing of a British public who do not seem to have the bottle to say yep, this was wrong, it doesn't work and needs to be reversed. Right, I've had my tuppence worth (ooh, bring back shillings rather than those awful European decimals) and shall not be visiting this particular thread again.

A little goes a long way

PM srfaruqui
Standard User
Brexit things
srfaruqui
22nd Mar 2021 06:25:46

Don't worry, johncp, the new police bill will shortly make this thread illegal.

BikesBrownBeer&ToySoldiers

PM johncp
Standard User
Brexit things
johncp
22nd Mar 2021 06:31:09

Dourpuritan

I did suggest a truce, but you couldn't let it go, could you - 'I read something I don't like, so I should clear off', is that it? YOU ARROGANT BASTARD  I am getting a bit sick of the 'head in the sand, Europe is always right' attitude of people like you. I am aware of the cockups in my own country, are you aware of yours?, and of the cockups of the EU?.I am really desparing of people like you who refuse to accept a result you don't like  The United Kingdom had a vote, the result is leave - the Government of the day wanted a differennt result, but, hey, that's democracy fro you - accepting a result you don't like - we know the EU don't believe in a vote that delivers a wrong result - they hold other votes until  the 'correct' result is returned, follow this link link

Apparently you will not be visiting this thread again - so it's 'make some insults, then run away' is it? The trouble of course is that once you start something, it takes on a life of its own - well, you continued the insults, so be it

J

PM srfaruqui
Standard User
Brexit things
srfaruqui
22nd Mar 2021 06:52:00

Your link  leads to that bastion of unbiased, balanced journalism, the Daily Express......

BikesBrownBeer&ToySoldiers

PM johncp
Standard User
Brexit things
johncp
22nd Mar 2021 07:32:04

Well spotted, that doesn't make Juncker's statement about ignoring 'incorrect' results of EU votes, does it?

J

PM johncp
Standard User
Brexit things
johncp
22nd Mar 2021 09:13:47

srfaruqui

Just for you, from that bastion of unbiased, balanced journalism, the Guardian link end of the fourth paragraph

J

PM mluiesp
Standard User
Brexit things
mluiesp
23rd Mar 2021 02:36:01

The result has been accepted, not liked but accepted. That doesn't mean Iose the right to call the Brexit mess a mess. If I fancy so, I can also call it a niñería under my Gran Canarian sun.

However, why the Bloggins should you care about what I think? What does it profit you or anyone to be angry about what some random stranger off the Internet might think?

I'd rather paddle my surfski :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOyo_Dig_l0

PM Daniele Bruccoleri
Standard User
Brexit things
Daniele Bruccoleri
23rd Mar 2021 03:03:06

I live in Italy, my order arrived today, I had to pay the VAT, 8,35 euro, and this is not a problem, because I didn't pay it when ordering but also 7,50 euro for "postal rights". If this 7,50 euro are fix it will be more convenient from now on to make few bigger orders than several small ones.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
15th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
15th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by HyveMynd
15th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
14th May 2024

Camels by DuncanWB
14th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS