Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Proxies Catalogue?
TOPIC: Proxies Catalogue?
Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Proxies Catalogue?
ironass
5th Nov 2023 07:20:51

Would you find interesting and helpful a Catalogue of Proxies by Baccus themselves?... I mean there is a variety of conflicts that can be done by using carefully existing bags of already existing minis... or at least elusive units... my SPAHIS for Colonial XIXth Corps d'Afrique come from Irregular Arabs from the WWI range (kindly suggested helpfully by Igor)... same with the Crimean War... there Peter helped me directly with the Charge of the Light Brigade!... what do you think?... they must have helped a lot other customers and they know their ranges better than anybody... so?        Of course if a new range is launched then they can delete the proxies list!

PM Berggeit
Standard User
Proxies Catalogue?
Berggeit
5th Nov 2023 08:28:04

That could be a lot of work. It might be more something for a community effort

PM Rittmeister_Krefeld
Standard User
Proxies Catalogue?
Rittmeister_Krefeld
6th Nov 2023 07:48:08

They already do it in some cases. The whole "War of 1812" is a proxy list. If we comple all our proxy lists here from the different conflicts, it would be easy for Baccus to publish it as the did the 1812 one.

t would also make t eas for them to identify 2-3 codes that aren't in a conflict, to round out a proxy lis and complete a set.

PM peter
Administrator
Proxies Catalogue?
peter
7th Nov 2023 03:26:27

A comprehensive proxy list would be a HUGE undertaking, and could get very, very messy and convoluted.  Making it part of the online catalogue would cause massive bloat and, to be honest, could be very confusing.  

A thread or multiple threads listing proxies would work better.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Proxies Catalogue?
ironass
8th Nov 2023 08:59:24

After pondering a bit (not too much mind... he is usually right... just because IT IS his business!) I guess Peter is awfully RIGHT!.     So let's have it from you Baccus fans!... for example... after too much pestering everybody in this present FORUM I discovered that it is easy to build a British Army of th Crimea using proxies from the Napoleonic range, the Franco-Prussian range and not much else... I can not amplify to Allies (French/Sardinian/Turks) because I was not interested but think feasible... and NO RUSSIANS at all in my collection... so there it is my grain of salt!       Cheers and please add your personals experiences here or as Peter suggests simply start a new thread with them!

LATEST FORUM POSTS

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD
Hail Caesar Arab Nomad Army

GNF11 - Ottoman Turkish FlagsGNF11
Ottoman Turkish Flags

AMN04 - Martu/Amorite ArchersAMN04