Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > AWI Models
TOPIC: AWI Models
PM Noah_the_cat_guy
Standard User
AWI Model Suggestions?
Noah_the_cat_guy
31st Oct 2023 04:38:40

Hello all, I've just disovered Bacuss 6mm recently and am looking to get some models for the American War of Independence, and the Polemos Ruse de Guerre Rules but am unsure which/how many models to get to start playing the game, and living in the US I would prefer to have to only make one order. Any suggestions?

Thanks much.

Noah.

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
AWI Models
Glenn Pearce
1st Nov 2023 07:31:03

Hello Noah_the_cat_guy!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Baccus 6mm AWI and Ruse de Guerre rules.

Baccus sells starter armies to get you going. Once you start playing you will probably want more figures but don't worry about that now. 

You will need:

1 only AWI Rebel Army Pack, Flag Packs AWF01 and AWF02.

1 only AWI British Army Pack, Flag Packs SBF01 and SBF02.

2 packs of Base 2 60x30 (80 bases)

1 pack of Base 4 30x30 (40 bases)

Optional but nice to have are limbers, 2 packs of WSS18 - WSS Limbers (8)

If your new to 6mm basing you might want to order the Baccus Basing System to give your bases a professional look. Or wait until you've had time to figure out exactly how you want your finished bases to look as you can do this anytime you want.

If your not clear about anything or have any further questions, just ask.

Glenn

PM Noah_the_cat_guy
Standard User
AWI Models
Noah_the_cat_guy
1st Nov 2023 09:46:42

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, though at the moment that's a bit out of budget for me, so other than standard line infantry what would you say the other most important units would be, just so I could get a feel for the rules and painting process before spending a lot on it and realizing it's not for me. Not that I doubt the quality of the product, I just tend to be careful when getting into new hobbies.

Noah.

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
AWI Models
Glenn Pearce
1st Nov 2023 11:03:09

It's a little bit like chess, you need all the pieces to play the game. So buy all the bases and a one bag of regulars from each side. Paint the figures and mount them on their bases. Just put labels on the other bases or copy some top down figures from the internet and your ready to game. If you enjoy the game just buy one army at a time as your budget allows.

PM Noah_the_cat_guy
Standard User
AWI Models
Noah_the_cat_guy
2nd Nov 2023 05:03:38

Ok interesting, I'll probably do something like that, sorry if any of these questions seem dumb I'm coming from a warhammer background so this is all fairly new to me.

Anyways thanks again for the advice!

Noah.

PM monk2002uk
Standard User
AWI Models
monk2002uk
2nd Nov 2023 08:18:31

No such thing as 'dumb' questions on this Forum, so please be reassured. These are very important questions, which we will have all faced. Thank you for raising them.

Robert

PM Captain Brockman
Standard User
AWI Models
Captain Brockman
2nd Nov 2023 06:55:33

if you are not sure if you will even like the rules, I would suggest you cut card to the base sizes,  write on them any info you need and try the rules. doesnt look very appealing using counters, but if you find you like the rules then you can jump in and get your figures.......  Baccus figures are fantastic quality, you cant go wrong with them

Valar Morghulis

PM Noah_the_cat_guy
Standard User
AWI Models
Noah_the_cat_guy
2nd Nov 2023 08:56:44

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, I ordered the rules, Line infantry for Rebels and the British,  bases for said miniatures, and a 'sample pack' of Ancient Egyptians as that's another period I love, oh also ordered some flags for the rebels as I can paint a union jack but the american flag would be a real pain to paint.

PS. This community has been super helpful and welcoming so I'd just like to thank ya'll for that

Noah.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD
Hail Caesar Arab Nomad Army

GNF11 - Ottoman Turkish FlagsGNF11
Ottoman Turkish Flags

AMN04 - Martu/Amorite ArchersAMN04