Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Pony wars
TOPIC: Pony wars
PM pjf
Standard User
Pony wars
pjf
8th Feb 2021 03:02:34

Just recieved  my figures including pony wars PWA01, and i cant see how to make up 6 troops  I have 3 strips with a flag, 5 strips with one figure with saber drawn and 32 other strips.

PM peter
Administrator
Pony wars
peter
9th Feb 2021 08:03:43

The pack consists of :

• 8 Command strips per pack
  • 32 Line strips per pack

The important bit is the 8 command strips.  Three of these are the obvious, guidon, bugler and officer.   However, you get five other strips of officers.  In the bare metal, they may not stand out, but they are very different to the regular troopers.   These give you a total of another 15 officers/ncos.    Adding these together with the other command strips you get a total of 3 guidons, 3 buglers and 18 officers/NCOs.  Dividing these by three gives an allocation of 1 guidon, 1 trumpeter and 6 officers/NCOs per troop.

Does that help?

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM pjf
Standard User
Pony wars
pjf
9th Feb 2021 09:47:50

Hi Peter 

Yes that helps thanks.

PM pjf
Standard User
Pony wars
pjf
18th Feb 2021 11:46:44

Hi Peter

I have just started to prepre the cav for painting and i still cant square this with having only 3 guidon and 18 officers.I would have thought at least 6 guidon would be needed

This pack will give you exactly the right ammount of figures to make  up to 6 mounted troops each 20 strong

Thanks

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Pony wars
dourpuritan
18th Feb 2021 02:53:02

Does every troop carry a guidon? Then if so there are only enough guidons for 3 troops. If it is every other troop then there are enough guidons for 6 troops, 

A little goes a long way

PM pjf
Standard User
Pony wars
pjf
18th Feb 2021 02:57:38

That i am not sure on that

PM peter
Administrator
Pony wars
peter
18th Feb 2021 07:29:40

And here I have to apologise for an error on the site.  Your post sent me scurrying back to the catalogue entry and it did indeed read 6 troops when in fact, it should have read just 3.   Really sorry about that, and it has now been amended.

With that in mind, you will see that you now have one guidon and one trumpeter per troop plus the requisite officers/ncos.

PM pjf
Standard User
Pony wars
pjf
19th Feb 2021 08:10:36

in that case what are the other 60 figures for.

As i see it 1 troop is one guidon 1 trumpeter 4 officers/nco and 14 other ranks =20 figs, 3 troops = 60 figs the  pack has 120 figs.

it looks like the pack should contain 6 cmd with guidon and 6 strips officer/nco and if my math is correct 28 strips other ranks. Unless the intention is to have 40 fig troops, in which case the pack is correct

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Pony wars
dourpuritan
19th Feb 2021 10:25:01

Well Maths was never one of my strongpoints, but being unfamiliar with the Pony Wars rules I do not know what the size of a troop is to fit those rules. I'll just paint up the figures when they arrive and sort them into units when I can get a copy of the rules.

Andy

A little goes a long way

PM peter
Administrator
Pony wars
peter
24th Feb 2021 06:23:49

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier - the last few days at Baccus Towers have been..'interesting'...

Having sat down with a calculator, abacus and large pile of small counting beads, I have realised that my maths was way off.  The real, proper CORRECT, proportions should have been:

• 6 x Guidon
  • 6 x Officer
  • 28 x Trooper

This will then yield 6 troops, each with:

• 1 x Guidon
  • 1 x Bugler
  • 4 x Officer/NCO
  • 14 x Trooper

Any of you who have been supplied with packs that fall short of Guidon or Officer strips, please contact me by email and I will arrange for some extras to be sent to enable you to arrive at the correct numbers.

Apologies all round.

Peter

LATEST FORUM POSTS

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD
Hail Caesar Arab Nomad Army

GNF11 - Ottoman Turkish FlagsGNF11
Ottoman Turkish Flags

AMN04 - Martu/Amorite ArchersAMN04