Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > News from the antipodies.
TOPIC: News from the antipodies.
PM rbatch
Standard User
News from the antipodies.
rbatch
9th Aug 2020 06:47:33

Just thought I would post some pictures of our game yesterday. I've lost the scenario notes somewhere but I thinf it was an attack by the 6th panzer division in July 1943 on a Russian prepared defensive position. Rules are Spearhead and models were largely GHQ and H&R for the infantry.

The 1st Russian defensive line was at the bottom of the picture behind the line of minefields. This battalion held out for 3 hrs in the face of a concerted german attack by 4 battalions, inflicting heavy casulties with a hail of 6's.

At this point in the battle the germans had 2 panzer battalions on the left and the remains of 3 Panzer and infantry battalions on the right. The Russian battalion defending the crossroads and village were largely untouched and were being reinforced by elements of a tank corps.

I will be posting a full battle report on my blog in the next couple of days.

While the game itself is probably not of much interest to the forum, the location may be.

Its at Call To Arms, the anuual wargaming convention run by the Wellington Warlords here in New Zealand and the first convention on the planet for quite a while. 150 ish people over 2 days with mostly competitions and some demo games. One that did catch my eye was this refight of Trafalgar using Langton ships

And before you say its irresposible to have large gatherings during a rageing pandemic, New Zealand as gone 100 days since the last case of community infection, the only cases are found in people returning from overseas and everything is open with no limits.

PM SeanDClark
Standard User
News from the antipodies.
SeanDClark
11th Aug 2020 12:24:48

Very nice, I'm also insanely jealous of the situation in NZ. I'm really hoping things return to some form of normality next year...especially around the time of the Joy of Six!

https://godsownscale2.blogspot.com/

The God's Own Scale Podcast can be found here...

https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

LATEST FORUM POSTS

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD
Hail Caesar Arab Nomad Army

GNF11 - Ottoman Turkish FlagsGNF11
Ottoman Turkish Flags

AMN04 - Martu/Amorite ArchersAMN04