Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Pre 1st May
TOPIC: Pre 1st May
PM Mort53
Standard User
Pre 1st May
Mort53
22nd Apr 2024 12:36:40

As May 1st approaches, I find myself eagerly anticipating the potential uptick in the value of my collection. With current prices feeling like a bargain ahead of May. Admittedly, transitioning to painting in 6mm rather than my youthful days painting 15/28mm has been a learning curve, compounded by the need for thicker lenses in my glasses, but the challenge has only added to the excitement (well almost, certainly a lot quicker to paint).

Having seized the opportunity during the last sale to stock up on projects for the year, I've left nothing to chance. From rolling dice to engaging in playful rounds of paper scissors rock, I've selected my focus for the coming project from next year's list (I've completed 2 out of my 3 for this year). The contenders? The rich tapestries of the English Civil War, the tumultuous American Civil War, the swift-paced Franco-Prussian conflict, and the grandeur of the Napoleonic era.

Ultimately, it was the allure of the Napoleonic period that won me over, as fate, or perhaps the dart, determined. Yet, as I prepare my order before eagerly awaiting it's arrival, I can't help but wonder about the plans of fellow 6mm enthusiasts. Will they be eyeing the latest releases, or perhaps pursuing their own pre-May aspirations? 

Mort

there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and it was a flamethrower 

PM njt236
Standard User
Pre 1st May
njt236
22nd Apr 2024 07:16:37

I'm putting together armies for the Balkan Wars 1912-13. Serbia, Bulgaria, Greece. Alongside this 17thC Eastern Europe. The Deluge, so lots of pikemen along with Cossacks, Russians and Ottomans to face off against the Poles and the Winged Hussars. Then the Thirty Years War.

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Pre 1st May
dourpuritan
23rd Apr 2024 08:14:43

Aready have what I need for my 1859 Franco-Austrian project.

A little goes a long way

PM DuncanWB
Standard User
Pre 1st May
DuncanWB
23rd Apr 2024 08:37:26

Order is in for some Biblical Arabs. Still got an itchy finger though... Not sure whether to stick with the earlier Mesopotamian types plus additions to Hellenistic and other anti-Roman armies, or splash out into a new era entirely (15th-17th century Ottomans would look very colourful).

Altera Restat

LATEST FORUM POSTS

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
3rd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by Talbot
3rd May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by jon1066
3rd May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by milopea
3rd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
2nd May 2024