Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > BaccStarter > late medieval range
TOPIC: late medieval range
PM rbatch
Standard User
late medieval range
rbatch
2nd Sep 2020 11:38:01

While looking at late medieval DBA army lists I've noticed some gaps in the Baccus range;

-Crossbowmen with pavise (or just some separate pavise's).

-Attacking Pikemen (the Swiss didn't tend to stand around looking).

-Organ guns (common in most armies of the period).

-War wagons (which are quite common in central and eastern european armies of the period).

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
late medieval range
LEmpereur
23rd Sep 2020 05:25:04

Good idea !

War wagons must be great !

:-)

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

PM lukicpz35t
Standard User
late medieval range
lukicpz35t
28th Sep 2020 01:22:14

I would like to too war wagons, to paint an Hussite Army. I purchased some Irregular Hussite war wagons, but I don't like them. 

PM rbatch
Standard User
late medieval range
rbatch
29th Sep 2020 06:07:23

20 years ago I made a few stands for DBA using 6mm figures on 25mm size bases.I used Heriocs and Ros MR13 Tambor armoured wagons  from the Renaisance range. I added crews (crossbows and handguns) and also the supporting foot.

Assuming I am allowed to post this....

Cheers,

Rhys.

PM lukicpz35t
Standard User
late medieval range
lukicpz35t
29th Sep 2020 07:32:01

Thanks for the picture. Those looks nice, I'll buy a couple. But I don't like to keep the horses attached to the wagons, that is tactically unsound: Is like keeping the horses attached to an artillery piece, they would be subjected to fire and close combat attacks. 

PM rbatch
Standard User
late medieval range
rbatch
29th Sep 2020 08:18:33

Surprisingly enough, this was the way that they were used offensively by the Hussites.

PM Ian Bishop
Standard User
late medieval range
Ian Bishop
26th Jan 2022 08:00:29

I would certainly be interested in an expansion of this range.  I think it is already pretty complete, and only a few items are missing.

I wargame in 28mm with Burgundians and Swiss.  The 6mm range as is basically covers the Burgundians (there's even a starter box) but the Swiss are not really well covered.  For the Swiss we would need

• Pikemen standing
  • Pikemen attacking
  • Halberdiers standing/at ready (they were deployed in the middle of the phalanx behind the front ranks of pikes)
  • Flags

The pikemen could follow the way the Macedonians are set up.   Swiss pikes were quite long, relative to the Burgundian and other mercenaries, so may fit better with the open-arm version.

Note that these Swiss can be used for the Italian Wars as well.

PM David Kay
Standard User
late medieval range
David Kay
26th Jan 2022 08:49:19

The inclusion of a general purpose peasant figure with improvised weapon (and no shield) that could also pass off as an ancients barbarian or dark ages peasant or serf would be a useful addition.

PM peter
Administrator
late medieval range
peter
24th Feb 2022 10:36:01

We have not abandoned the Late Medieval period and it will receive some love and attention, and probably some War Wagons in the future.   The eventual aim is to cover the current gap between the Wars of the Roses/Late Medieval codes and the WEC range.  So that does mean Hussites and it does mean Landsknechte, peasants, Swiss, and all the other desirable bits and pieces.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Laager50
Standard User
late medieval range
Laager50
24th Feb 2022 11:28:30

Irish kerns for WoR would be nice.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

1066 and all that by pushing.tin
6th May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by Rob Thorn
6th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass