Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Rules > Polemos Rules > Ecw rules
TOPIC: Ecw rules
PM Mike Bowen
Standard User
Ecw rules
Mike Bowen
20th Jun 2018 03:57:24

l read a blog where someone said Swedish type units could chose to be Dutch if they wanted to.  I have only had one run through of the rules and did not note that, have I missed it?  Also I was thinking a bigger army looses the effect of leaders say any army of 9 bases has 3 average leaders they get 6 points but if that army had 40 bases they get 5 for the bases plus 6 which sort of seems wrong.  Was that to reflect larger armies loosing command and control.  

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Ecw rules
Whirlwind
20th Jun 2018 04:27:14

"l read a blog where someone said Swedish type units could chose to be Dutch if they wanted to." 

Hi - that was me.  What I meant was that as far as I could see in the rules, "Swedish" Horse could fight like "Dutch" Horse if they felt the circumstances warranted it and could choose to simply advance to contact rather than charge in.

PM Mike Bowen
Standard User
Ecw rules
Mike Bowen
20th Jun 2018 07:45:53

Ah got it thank you. Great blog 

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Ecw rules
Whirlwind
21st Jun 2018 03:47:03

Thanks very much.

"Also I was thinking a bigger army looses the effect of leaders say any army of 9 bases has 3 average leaders they get 6 points but if that army had 40 bases they get 5 for the bases plus 6 which sort of seems wrong.  Was that to reflect larger armies loosing command and control.  "

Naturally you can organize as you like, but I think the intention is that small armies are only going to have one leader, or maybe two (including the commander), whereas a large army might have four or five (including the commander).

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
18th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
17th May 2024

New GNW scenario book by hwiccee
17th May 2024

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
16th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS