Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Rules > Polemos Rules > Wagram for Md'E rules
TOPIC: Wagram for Md'E rules
Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Wagram for Md'E rules
dourpuritan
24th Jan 2020 03:53:47

Pity that, because BBB and Neil Thomas' C19th rules are probably the best and most enjoyable for the period. My 6mm stuff looks great on 30mm x 20mm bases.

A little goes a long way

PM Biker500
Standard User
Wagram for Md'E rules
Biker500
26th Mar 2020 09:40:13

Hi All,

Something I'm not sure of with Polemos Md'E rules:The contact phase description says it is initiated by movement into contact, and takes place after ALL movement is completed. This implies to me that contact with the enemy is made during the movement phase, and any bases in contact with the enemy at the end of movement trigger the contact phase for those units in contact. However, the first part of the contact phase is "movement into contact", which implies that troops do not move into contact during the movement phase, but during the contact phase.

I suppose one way of looking at it is that whenever a group or base moves into contact with the enemy, the contact phase is triggered immediately for that group, and once complete, movement continues with other units. However, that falls foul of the statement that the contact phase occurs after all movement is complete!

Can anyone explain the correct procedure, or point me  to a detailed walk-through of the game being played (if such a thing exists)?

Thanks

Biker500

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Wagram for Md'E rules
Whirlwind
26th Mar 2020 10:08:09

All movement is completed before going into the combat sub-routine.  Calling the first combat round of the contact phase "Advance to Contact" is just unhelpful naming. 

So:

1 - Player moves all units.

2 - When all movement completed, resolve all combats in order decided by active player.

Hope that helps

PM Biker500
Standard User
Wagram for Md'E rules
Biker500
26th Mar 2020 04:01:19

Thanks very much for that quick response! That has cleared up my confusion :-)

Cheers

Biker500

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Wagram for Md'E rules
Whirlwind
27th Mar 2020 11:04:03

You are very welcome Biker500

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
20th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by Mort53