Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Rules > Polemos Rules > More on GdD
TOPIC: More on GdD
PM Talbot
Standard User
More on GdD
Talbot
20th Sep 2018 03:57:57

http://img141.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=438533497_20180916_124845_122_578lo.jpg

1) A Breaking U. is reached by the pursuing enemy U. that breaked it. What happens ? Suddently dispersed and removed ? Shaken Leves for the pursuing U. ?

2) What if a Breaking U. is reached by an enemy U. during another fase of the Turn Sequence ? 

3 ) "Any further" movement of a Breaking U. must be payed by Ordes Points ? 

4) If an Infantry U. vs Infantry, in the Attack Test, " may fire but not countercharge", may it still elect the shooting distance ?   

5 ) Does a General in base contact modify the Cavalry vs Cavalry melee ? ( " at all times " ? )

- A discussion: some friends playing for the first time GdB were surprised that the Skirmish Capability is taken into account in the Attack Fase and not in the Long Range Firing Attack. I must say that the question does not seem ill-founded; how can I explain it ? 

- Thanks ! I promise that these will be my last questions ! ; - )

- Hi Baccus !

- I'm sorry if I bother you but I would like to point out that the forum function Start a New Thread, doesn't work for me. - Can you help me ? - Thanks! - Stefano

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
More on GdD
Whirlwind
22nd Sep 2018 10:16:15

1 - Suddenly dispersed and removed if it happens.  It is rarer than you would think though - remember "if the routers are slower moving, the pursuers will reduces to their speed". Pursuing units are at two shaken levels.

2 - Basically, if a base contacts an enemy broken unit, remove the broken unit.

3 - No, breaking units move without any orders, as do pursuing units.

4 - As written - I don't think so.  Calculate the result of the combat without going into the firing sub-routine.  Personally I play a marginally different variant where the defending infantry can choose its action after the dice roll where the problem never arises. 

5 - No, because the melee table (and the infantry firing table) are a different table (that is why it has different modifiers for shaken - so, perhaps unusually, if your Prussian Landwehr cavalry aren't intimidated enough by your mate's Guard Chasseurs a Cheval to be shaken or routed before combat and they manage to counter-charge into the melee, they will actual fight at +1...)

I think that Chris wanted to make a very swift and streamlined system, so the SK rating basically assumes that the infantry has been automatically firing during the turns before  the assault takes place, if that makes sense?

PM Talbot
Standard User
More on GdD
Talbot
22nd Sep 2018 04:14:29

- Thank you Whirlwind ! Complete and fast, as usual.

- Hi Baccus !

- I'm sorry if I bother you but I would like to point out that the forum function Start a New Thread, doesn't work for me. - Can you help me ? - Thanks! - Stefano

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
More on GdD
Whirlwind
22nd Sep 2018 06:08:13

No sweat Talbot, anything you want, ask away. 

PM Rudi
Standard User
More on GdD
Rudi
29th Sep 2019 12:31:40

1 - Suddenly dispersed and removed if it happens.  It is rarer than you would think though - remember "if the routers are slower moving, the pursuers will reduces to their speed". Pursuing units are at two shaken levels.

I read more and more time the pursuing rules and I don't understand nothing , what the mean of reduce the speed of my unit that had just win the combat and have the opportunity of done the pursuing but not ?? I really confused so I move just toward the routing enemy for what (without touch it ?? I suppose) if I understand I can cacht it only if the enemy pass toward an another enemy unit, why ???? absurd 

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
More on GdD
Whirlwind
29th Sep 2019 08:39:27

Hello Rudi,

IIRC when Chris G talked about it on the Yahoo group, the point was that if cavalry are pursuing fleeing infantry (for example) they will chase them at that speed.  The routed base is just left on the the board to provide something for the pursuers to chase.

Does that make sense?

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by Rob Thorn
4th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
4th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
4th May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by David Kay
4th May 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
3rd May 2024