Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Rules > Other Rules > Great War Spearhead 2
TOPIC: Great War Spearhead 2
PM Animelib
Standard User
Great War Spearhead 2
Animelib
29th Jan 2024 07:09:10

Never thought I would do WWI miniatures, but the Baccus line, plus Prit Buttar's East Front series reeled me in. While waiting for my shipment of AustroHungarians and Russians (yes, I'm a masochist), I'm trying to figure out how to represent the AH 76mm trench mortar battery. Any ideas from the Old Sweats out there?

PM Animelib
Standard User
Great War Spearhead 2
Animelib
10th Feb 2024 12:12:49

Got this answer from Robert on the GWSH2 Yahoo forum: "I don't have any direct experience with this question. My use of AH forces relates to 1914, before the use of mortars. If you are thinking of 1917/18 then I would recommend the German Minenwerfer models. For 1915/16, it is a bit more tricky. You will want the crew to wear the soft AH caps most likely. It will need a mix of AH artillery crews and either scratch building the gun (which is basically a plasticard rod or equivalent for the 15cm version for example) or ordering something like the French 58mm type 2 mortar, swapping out the crew."

LATEST FORUM POSTS

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
25th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS