Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Rules > Other Rules > Warefare's Tremendous Feats
TOPIC: Warefare's Tremendous Feats
PM I am a spambot
Standard User
Warefare's Tremendous Feats
I am a spambot
26th May 2020 02:59:59

One of the things that I am a little concerned with is that I don't seem to be living up to my screen name on this forum.  It just so happens that I have put some free wargames rules on t'Internet, so here goes.  Although they can be played with any figure size (although life-sized figures may cause a lot of logistical and space problems), they are emininenly suitable for 6mm figures.

WTF consists of a core of common rules, with period specific supplements.  At time of writing, the Fantasy and Ancient and Medieval supplements are finished in that they are unlikely to change.  The Pike and Shot supplement is at an early stage and needs me to get more armies so that I can increase the number of troop types beyond the Great Rebellion and Buccaneers v. Spanish.  The Retro-Science Fiction supplement seems well on its way, although I want to do a bit more play-testing to see if it needs tweaking any more.  The American War of Independence supplement is very new, so subject to tweaking, but looking promising. 

There might be other supplements in future, but I want the AWI one well established before I try Napoleonics

Although I have used 6mm figures on 40mm wide bases, I found that I tended to prefer 60mm wide bases.  Basically you can use any sized bases, but the larger the bases the larger the playing area.

The standard game is intended to be a little larger than a DBA sized game, with historical armies usually being between 12 and 18 bases.  If 60mm wide bases are used, then a playing area of about 4' 6" wide by 3' deep is ideal.  With 40mm wide bases 3' by 2' would be fine.

The rules mechanisms are a bit different from DBA/DBM/HotT.  Don't be upset if things such as combat are done differently.

There aren't any army lists.  What I may do is put a document up suggesting how other historical army lists may be adapted, if desired.

To enable feed-back and support, I have put it on a IO groups (a bit like the old Yahoo groups)/

https://groups.io/g/WTFwargamerules

PM I am a spambot
Standard User
Warefare's Tremendous Feats
I am a spambot
15th Feb 2021 06:27:20

Since the first post, the AWI, the Napoleonic Wars supplement and the latest (American Civil War) supplements have come on leaps and bounds.  We (there are two authors) haven't included additional troop types for the Mamelukes or Ottomans yet, because we haven't started painting the figures yet, but they are coming.

There is an option for bigger games using wider tables, so far used mainly for Napoleonics.  (I will soon have painted enough ACW stuff to try double-sized ACW games.)  Can't expand my 6mm ancient armies easily at the moment because my favourite manufacturer of 6mm figures has limitted production due to global issues that can't be mentioned on platforms such as YouTube, but that do involve Covid 19.

To download the latest PDFs of the rules you have to join the group linked to in the first post.  However, this is, of course, free.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Paint for Pay by wargameGary
18th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
18th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
17th May 2024

New GNW scenario book by hwiccee
17th May 2024

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS