Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Painting and Modelling > Terrain > 6mm Pylons
TOPIC: 6mm Pylons
PM Glorfindel
Standard User
6mm Pylons
Glorfindel
28th Jan 2023 11:57:48

I'm working on a new 6mm Cold War project and wondered whether anyone has seen electricity pylons that would work for this scale ?   Although not vital by any means, I think they would add some 'modern' atmosphere to the terrain board.   Probably too complicated to make for 6mm but I thought I would ask just in case.

Thank you !

Phil

PM peter.mccrone
Standard User
6mm Pylons
peter.mccrone
28th Jan 2023 12:26:16

I cant answer your question about anyone making them but I can see that they would not only add "atmosphere" but could be included in terrain types - I doubt many helicopter gunship or ground attack aircraft pilots are terribly fond of pylon lines and if you have wire guided missiles getting the wires over "live" transmission lines would probaby fry the electrics in the missile if nothing else. 

PM Glorfindel
Standard User
6mm Pylons
Glorfindel
29th Jan 2023 09:51:14

Thanks Peter.   Some really good ideas.   Hopefully I'll find someone who makes these things so that I can try them out !

PM bushs
Standard User
6mm Pylons
bushs
29th Jan 2023 03:09:22

Try "Cold War Commanders" Blogspot. "Butlers Printed Models". search under terrain any scale.

PM DuncanWB
Standard User
6mm Pylons
DuncanWB
29th Jan 2023 07:35:19

Depends which of the many styles (!) of pylon you're after. PerfectSix do concrete telephone poles that look like they'd double as power lines: https://perfectsixscenics.co.uk/shop/ols/products/concrete-telephone-polls

Altera Restat

PM Glorfindel
Standard User
6mm Pylons
Glorfindel
29th Jan 2023 08:35:19

The Perfect Six site is excellent, thank you.   Lots of really useful items here (I can already see some future buys).

However, looks as though Butlers have the perfect model for what I am after.   I've looked under scale specific before but not tried the 'any scale' option.   

Thank you both.   Phil

PM hambo
Standard User
6mm Pylons
hambo
6th Oct 2023 12:47:01

Sorry for late response to this thread. I have only just registered here, at the start of a 6 mil Boer War project.

There is a US site called GCmini which does specific pylons (of which I own a pair):

150' Tall Power Transmission Tower, AKA Electricity Plyon (1/285th Scale) - GCmini.com (mybigcommerce.com)

Regards

Hamish

PM 6mmwargaming
Standard User
6mm Pylons
6mmwargaming
4th Jan 2024 02:46:41

Another late reply but check out Iliada studio
https://www.iliadagamestudio.com/6mm-infrastructures?page=2

LATEST FORUM POSTS

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by ChrisBBB
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
26th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD