Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Painting and Modelling > Modelling and Conversions > WWII 6mm standard decals ?
TOPIC: WWII 6mm standard decals ?
PM philemon
Standard User
WWII 6mm standard decals ?
philemon
27th Oct 2023 01:58:18

Hi,

This is a re-post as initial one had no subject and I could not modify it.
Sorry for the mess.

Regarding WWII 6mm range, which transfers / decals do you recommand for generic vehicule markings.
(Aliied or russian stars, german crosses, numbers...)
Had a look at Internet (and search site) but could not find that info.
Also, @baccus, shouldn't it be possible for you to propose such generic markings in add to you specific decals ?

Any advice will be welcome,

PM jon1066
Standard User
jon1066
1st Nov 2023 11:06:29

I don't understand your question.  When you say generic vehicle markings what do you mean?

Vehicle markings in WW2 are an absolute minfield.  There are no generic markings common accross combatants.  Just take a look at the complexity of British AFV markings https://uktankmarkings.wordpress.com/

PM peter
Administrator
peter
3rd Nov 2023 09:56:20

We are currently very low on decal stocks and will be addressing that shortly.  Fully stocked, our range includes Balkan crosses, white stars in various forms and we'll be adding red stars for the Soviets.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM philemon
Standard User
philemon
6th Nov 2023 09:52:43

Hi Peter & Jon,

Sorry if my question was not clear.
In WWII i curently game at 15mm and have lot of tanks and AFV from all major nations (US/UK, DE, RU).
I think to give a try soon to 6mm as I see Baccus range is constantly extending.
Looking at decals I found units decals on the catalog, but could not find stars or balkenkreutz (that I call generic marking, but should have better call national markings ?). Perhaps did I not searched at the good place... So thanks for the answer.

PM peter
Administrator
peter
7th Nov 2023 03:23:03

We are currently out of stock of the items you mention, so I have taken them off sale.  They will return once I have restocked.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM johncp
Standard User
johncp
7th Nov 2023 07:18:20

Phil

If you really must have them as soon as possible, try these from Flight Deck Decals (sorry Peter!)

6mm Tank Decals | flightdeckdecals2400 

German WW2: 1-285, 1-300, 6mm, 15mm, scale decals micro armor (flightdeckdecals2400.com) 

J

PM philemon
Standard User
philemon
10th Nov 2023 04:14:21

Hi Peter and John,

There is no emergency.
I am currently planning an order of initial units set to make my mind on how they paint and render, and see how they feel as played on a field. Just few companies, with few support, less than one batallion on each side.
Then I will need to paint them.
To have them waiting for decals and weathering, if any possible at that scale, may wait few time.
I just wanted to be sure that I could get anything I would like to before doing that try.
So, you both replied to my questions. Thanks for that.
Also, as far as possible I prefer to reduce the number of providers when possible.
Within my criterias are quality of items and associated services.
In that respect, from past years dealing with Baccus I have always been happy. So if Peter says that it's just a matter of stock renewal before those are available it is perfectly fine for me. I will probably really need decals once my mind will be totally done from those two little batallions.
Cheers,
Bruno.

PM Wg Cdr Luddite
Standard User
Wg Cdr Luddite
12th Nov 2023 05:22:03

The Flight Deck Decals transfers fit perfectly with Baccus vehicles.I am pressurising Pete to expand the range at his next re-stock.

PM Wg Cdr Luddite
Standard User
Wg Cdr Luddite
12th Nov 2023 09:16:57

Actually here's a better piccy. All the transfers on this are from Flight Deck Decals.

PM philemon
Standard User
philemon
15th Nov 2023 02:57:51

Hi Wg Cdr,
Nice ones and good job in painting/highlighting them.
Cool. (and not only because they are Free French Forces inspired ;-))
I just oredered my sample mini batallions few days ago, and am ever impatient recieving them.
I'm curious to see how they will render, even if without decals in a fist time.
As I will have make my mind about it, I hope @Peter will have refill his stock, otherwise I will eventually try that link.
However each thing at its time.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by MattiT
29th Apr 2024

Price rise and the Golden Ticket by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024