Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Painting and Modelling > Modelling and Conversions > Flags for Napoleonic French
TOPIC: Flags for Napoleonic French
PM Sixdice
Standard User
Flags for Napoleonic French
Sixdice
30th Jun 2023 09:20:08

Just snipped out a flag sheet for Napoleonic French but the flags seem way too large for the poles / eagles etc.  Any suggestions as to how I can possibly put flags on Napoleonic French infantry?  Just painted and based 36 battalions - bought the flags etc. only to find they don't fit.  Hmmmm, any suggestions appreciated as to how to sort that.

PM Bryce
Standard User
Bryce
2nd Jul 2023 04:43:41

I snipped a very very small triangle off top and bottom of flag where flag wraps around  pole, then touched up with paint. But if anyone has a better idea would love to hear it.

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Glenn Pearce
2nd Jul 2023 05:02:53

Unfortunately one of the French command stands does have a short staff. If you ask Baccus when you place your order to shorten the flags for you they will. You can also copy the flags on some printers at a smaller ratio. You can also take the flags to a proper copy shop and have them reduced. Some people have cut off the flag staff and replaced it with a brass one to the height they like. 

PM Captain Brockman
Standard User
Captain Brockman
4th Nov 2023 06:04:06

I remove any flag staffs  and replace with dressmakers pins, 1: I drill through the base and counter sink the underside of the base and superglue so the pin is secure and    2: where I have removed to cast flag staff i superglue to the remainder of the hand etc then a small dab of vallejo plastic putty becomes the hand holding the staff,   

once paintwork is compleated  I  base, texture, flock, only ten do I add flags/ banners , then snip off any ;Pin left and either silver of brass paint the tip...

i do the same for cavalry also, but of course this leaves a pin from the base to the tip. but when based and flocked you do not notice 

With flags/banners i always find what ever scale i have being doing there is never enough ''wrap around'  given and some of the flag is hidden..  this is why i make my own.. plus as i do not paint ''brighter'' colours, i add  between 2 or 3 per base. but of course I only do Game of Thrones, so I am not stuck with a national and regiemnt flag limitation.

Valar Morghulis

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by MattiT
29th Apr 2024

Price rise and the Golden Ticket by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by peter
29th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024