Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Painting and Modelling > Modelling and Conversions > FKOE Basing Question
TOPIC: FKOE Basing Question
PM Brad1971
Standard User
FKOE Basing Question
Brad1971
20th Dec 2022 12:58:28

So in addition to Polemos whenever that gets out for 7 years war I really enjoy playing For King or Emperous by First Command Wargames.   However the bases are usually for 10mm figures on 40mm wide bases.  I was looking at the strips and it seems to me that 2 strips is a bit to wide for a 40mm base.   Do you guys fit 2 strips side by side on a 40mm base and I am just missing something?    

I like the idea of 40mm wide bases but I guess I can just play the game with 60mm wide bases and then use it for polemos as well when it comes out.  I guess I just ansswered my own question.    But I have seen people talk about 40mm wide bases so my question is do you cut figures off the strips or just use 4 figures wide?

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
FKOE Basing Question
dourpuritan
20th Dec 2022 09:42:00

I have FKoE and 10mm armies, but my basing is the 25mm square, so I just use two bases per unit. Re 6mm Baccus figures, have you considered using the type of sprue clippers Baccus sells specifically for separating figures from their strips. I have found that they work perfectly well for separating Baccus sprues. It is one of the reasons I changed to Baccus from Irregular, as separaring those thick Irregular bases is very difficult. Sprue clippers make the Baccus figures far more versatile.

A little goes a long way

PM Brad1971
Standard User
FKOE Basing Question
Brad1971
20th Dec 2022 05:39:20

I have hobby clippers and have used them to cut old glory 10mm figure strips but they didnt look right.  I will have a go with what I have and if Baccus clippers are needed then that is what I shall acquire!   Thanks for the info sir.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by ChrisBBB
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by jon1066
2nd May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS