Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Proxies and Alternatives > Mexican American war of 1846
TOPIC: Mexican American war of 1846
Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Mexican American war of 1846
dourpuritan
27th Jul 2016 06:58:33

They look really effective as US troops. Confederates can also be used as some troops wore slouch hats. Remember that the Mexicans ten years earlier wore the French style bell-top shako, but by 1846 had replaced it with a slightly tapering shako. One of the Mexican lancer units wore a uniform very similar to the Napoleonic Polish lancers. French senior officers are ideal for Mexicans. TBH the most difficult to find is the US infantry and you appear to have cracked that.

A little goes a long way

PM njt236
Standard User
njt236
27th Jul 2016 09:03:07

They look brill.

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM Hecoma
Standard User
Hecoma
28th Jul 2016 10:33:15

Thanks guys

PM mrh079
Standard User
mrh079
20th May 2022 11:16:47

Longtime lurker, first-time poster. Not sure about the etiquette of resurrecting a six-year-old thread; forgive me if I have erred!

Hecoma - great work on the US regular infantry. Stroke of genius to adapt NPR02. Did you get any further on this project? If so, I'd love to see what else you were able to come up with!

I found this thread because I am considering a 6mm project on the Texas War of Independence. A lot of the ideas here are very useful, although I'm still looking for ways to provide variety to the Texas troops (who were obviously less uniformly and l more antiquatedly equipped). Any feedback would be appreciated!

I have considered mixing the following, with a variety of earthy tone coat and pants: Spanish guerillas (inf and cav), Spanish Line Infantry (NSP03 & 04), AWI militia (AWR09 & 20), Civil War Confederate Infantry (ACW07 & 08). As for Texas artillery and cavalry - any ideas? Cheers!

-MrH

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
dourpuritan
21st May 2022 10:16:24

I too have just  re-stumbled across this thread, and impressive it is with some good ideas. Texas Rangers  for 1846 and Texicans for 1836 might well be sourced from the Pony Wars PWA10 settlers. This has inspired me as it is a conflict that has always interested me but I don't want to do it in a larger scale. I too am wondering how Hecoma progressed with this project.

A little goes a long way

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
LEmpereur
22nd May 2022 06:34:44

Great work!

Those are stuning!

Big bravo!

:-)

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

PM Wg Cdr Luddite
Standard User
Wg Cdr Luddite
8th Jun 2022 03:45:12

Very nice indeed.

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
17th Aug 2022 11:54:51

Great Proxies! Congratulations...