Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Proxies and Alternatives > Proxies for niche
TOPIC: Proxies for niche
PM Z0rro
Standard User
Proxies for niche
Z0rro
11th Oct 2020 05:17:28

King Phillip's War.

Fights ranging from scouting conflicts to colonists assaulting Amerindian wooden walled forts in several hundred strong armies.  Puritan colonists and tribal forces.  

I can justify the Amerindian figures from the AWI/AR line but suitable colonist figures have escaped me in 6mm sized figures.  I can do the skirmishes in 25/28mm figures but battles like Bloody Brook, the attack on Springfield, the Great Swamp Fight, the Mohawk Intervention, Lancaster Raid, etc., really require more space and figures than I want to deal with in that size of figures.  If I can go 6mm that would be ideal.

any ideas about figures for this war?h

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
Proxies for niche
Glenn Pearce
12th Oct 2020 01:06:48

I used WEC 11 & WEC 12 for the Europeans. I'm also working on rules for the period that will hopefully just be a single sheet of paper for the rules "Ruse de Guerre". It will enable you to fight any small encounters for most of the horse and musket period. Basing will be standard 60x30.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

New GNW scenario book by hwiccee
17th May 2024

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by Colin the Wargamer
16th May 2024

Waterloo Map for 6mm hexes Blücher game ! by LEmpereur
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
16th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
15th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS