Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Looking for Players > Players In DC or NoVA?
TOPIC: Players In DC or NoVA?
PM zeitsev
Standard User
Players In DC or NoVA?
zeitsev
4th Dec 2018 04:45:23

My friend and I would like to get involved in 6mm gaming. We are both long time board wargamers, military history buffs and former USG / DoD employees. We are in Falls Church/McLean/Annadale area. Thanks.

PM Cletus
Standard User
Players In DC or NoVA?
Cletus
2nd Feb 2019 10:17:56

Zietsev,

I’m also in the Falls Church area and I’m looking for some folks to game with.  I have 6mm American civil war, Napoleonics, and fantasy painted up, as well as some scaled terrain. (Basically enough for smallish games with both sides) Sorry for the delay in posting, as I hope you’ll still see this... I got busy with work for a bit.  Hopefully we can get something started!

Cletus

PM terranraida
Standard User
Players In DC or NoVA?
terranraida
27th Feb 2019 06:47:20

Howdy, me and my friend actually are JUST getting into 6mm civil war as well as being history buffs. We're down in the Richmond area though, but we're actually planning on recreating the entire Gettysburg campaign in a few months. 

PM Cletus
Standard User
Players In DC or NoVA?
Cletus
27th Feb 2019 05:10:50

Glad to see there's another group going in VA!  I'll send you a PM with details on how to get ahold of me, as I'd be interested in participating.  I could likely make a trip down your way for a weekend of gaming sometime with a little planning, and if you're planning on using Altar of Freedom I have several corps painted up to get us started.

PM Tom Dye
Standard User
Players In DC or NoVA?
Tom Dye
23rd Sep 2019 05:10:26

I am in Aberdeen, Md. and wqill be putting on a 6mm (Baccus) ACW game at Barrage next weekend (28/29 Sep 19) in Harve de Grace, Md. (Harve de Grace Community Rec Center). If you can make it and have the troops, bring them. I have (painted) a small 2 Brigade (each of 5 regiments) Divisions for both sides ready to play. Need more details? email me at tomdye14 AT yahoo dotcom. Want to also put on a game at Fall-in. Little Wars TV has committed to be at Barrage again this year and those guys do a LOT of 6mm ACW, too!  Hope you guys can make it in such short notice.

Tom Dye

PM Cletus
Standard User
Players In DC or NoVA?
Cletus
29th Sep 2019 03:03:53

Tom,

According to Murphy's law, of COURSE I have to read your post right after it's too late to be able to make it.  lol  Thank you for reaching out, and I may be able to make it up to Fall in.  I've met the Little Wars TV guys up at Historicon, and enjoy their rulesets.  I believe our group has most of the Gettysburg OOB now for AoF, so we have a good stash of troops.  I'll send you an email and see if we can find a time that works. 

Cletus

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by milopea
3rd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by ChrisBBB
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
2nd May 2024