Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > shupping time
TOPIC: shupping time
PM mangemani
Standard User
shupping time
mangemani
3rd Mar 2017 12:19:52

i was just wondering, how long does it usually take to ship a package from this site/store to sweden? it says on the site that oversea shippment can take 2 weeks, but dosent oversea mean like america, australia and so on, or does it also means the EU mainland?

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
shupping time
dourpuritan
3rd Mar 2017 01:17:58

Who knows in these ridiculous days of "I'm British and sod the rest of you!"

A little goes a long way

PM mangemani
Standard User
shupping time
mangemani
3rd Mar 2017 03:03:16

hmm, i dont know about that

i know that royal air mail takes about 3-4 days and thats from england to sweden, but i have never heard of the shipping system they are using here and if that only goes for the ones that orders from america or countries far away.

PM andreasgum
Standard User
shupping time
andreasgum
3rd Mar 2017 05:48:21

For Sweden 2 weeks would be accurate. I live in Vilhelmina and that is what it has taken my last couple of shipments to arrive.

"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
- Charles XII, King of Sweden

PM mangemani
Standard User
shupping time
mangemani
3rd Mar 2017 06:25:23

ok, and thats after they POSTED your order or after you PLACED the order? ive heard that things got a bit delayed now after christmas and all and therfore delays on orders, so im just curious if it took 2 weeks after you placed the order or when they posted it.

PM peter
Administrator
shupping time
peter
6th Mar 2017 10:44:02

Fair enough question.   I'll do my best to answer, although how clear things will be once I've finished is not certain...

All orders under 2kg are sent via Royal Mail International Small Packet service.  http://www.royalmail.com/personal/international-delivery/international-standard

On the whole I have found its stated delivery times of

• Delivery to Europe in 3 to 5 working days
  • Delivery to the rest of the world in 5 to 7 working days

to be pretty accurate.  Occasionally parcels will take longer than this as they negotiate their way around various postal services internal workings and I have know some take up to 4 weeks to get there.    Royal Mail will not entertain the concept of a 'lost' package until one month has passed from the day of posting.   Also some nations' postal services are less reliable and less efficient than others.  

I'd say that 95%plus of packages get to their destination with no significant delay.

(BTW don't let Royal Mail's statement about 'Compensation included' for lost parcels fool you.  They set the standards so high for proof and compensation levels so low, that it's not worth bothering.)

As for the WHEN the order is sent, that depends.   Each and every order that we get in is cast individually for that customer in order of receipt.   In other words, we don't just pull pre-cast stock from a shelf and post it out.   Under normal circumstances we aim to turn all orders around within a week of receipt.  However, this is a very much a moving target as a whole range of factors can extend this time.   It only take staff illness,  a surge in demand, holidays, getting a new range into production or preparing for a show to add to the delay.   Combine two, three or even all of these factors together and we get the odd period where we can be 3 or 4 weeks in arrears, which is what happened in December and January.    We don't retain orders any longer than we have to.  

Amazon has raised everyone's expectations of delivery from on-line ordering, which has resulted in us getting emails asking where orders are within 2 or 3 days of them being placed! 

Does that illuminate or obfuscate?

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM mangemani
Standard User
shupping time
mangemani
6th Mar 2017 01:13:15

i didnt wanted to bother you guys with another similar question, so i was hopping that the people in this forum could provide me with some information. but now i know, without delay i might recieve my order within a week. thanks:)

dont know anything about this amazon thing, this is my second order from the UK ever, so im a bit clueless and curious in how everything works. i have allways ordered from my own country and im a bit used to getting my orders within 1-2 days:P

PM andreasgum
Standard User
shupping time
andreasgum
6th Mar 2017 03:10:09

From the time of Baccus posting the parcel I receive it within 2 weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's because I live in Vilhelmina. Takes about 1 week for a shipment to go from Malmö to Vilhelmina... If you live near Sthlm then you'll probably get it within 1 week. I find 2 weeks from England is fast, as I've waited 4 weeks for things from Germany before.

"I have resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one except by defeating my enemies."
- Charles XII, King of Sweden

PM mangemani
Standard User
shupping time
mangemani
6th Mar 2017 03:52:06

i live in sundsvall, but the package from another english company(the first and only order i have made from UK) made it here within 4 days. but any way, i know now how it works:)

PM mangemani
Standard User
shupping time
mangemani
19th Apr 2017 03:03:13

is thare any event going on at the moment? wondering cause of the delayed orders.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

6mm basing sand issue by Darren redstar
27th Mar 2024

New nomads by peter
27th Mar 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by peter
27th Mar 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by diadochi
27th Mar 2024

Glue by David Kay
26th Mar 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS