Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Zinderneuf
TOPIC: Zinderneuf
Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Zinderneuf
ironass
10th Jul 2021 05:38:01

I guess it is posible to do some small scale wargaming even in 6mm. REVEILLE did for me this FFL Zinderneuf Fort and Baccus proxies (FPW) to go with it. See some pics.

PM DBS
Standard User
Zinderneuf
DBS
11th Jul 2021 01:53:38

That is wonderful. 

However, I cannot but be reminded of Michael Bentine's Potty Time rendering of Beau Geste, when the dastardly Riff call in the support of their military adviser, late of the Afrika Korps, complete with his Panzer Brigade (a sand painted Action Man Scorpion CVR(T)) to blow in the walls.

(169) Michael Bentine s Potty Time 1x08 Foreign Legion - YouTube

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Zinderneuf
ironass
1st Aug 2021 04:04:28

Baccus proxies are from the Franco Prussian War range Republican French Skirmishing.

https://www.mytoysoldiersandme.com

Email LEmpereur PM LEmpereur
Standard User
Zinderneuf
LEmpereur
2nd Aug 2021 05:49:59

Very good work Ironass!

Bravo!

:-)

L'Empereur Béte et Méchant vous invite à visitez : Le Blog : https://lempereurzoom13.blogspot.fr/ & Le Projet 2020 : https://2020batailledeloigny.blogspot.fr/... Cons se le disent!!!

At the top left of each blog, feel free to select your language to translate Her Majesty's Prose!

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Zinderneuf
ironass
14th Sep 2021 07:34:26

Somehow it has been a long life obsession, but as I have three male grandchildren (the last one is a cute little girl) the novel and films have somewhat lost any kind of romantic nonsense to me. And I will never want them to join the French Foreign Legion at all if you follow my train of thought. That shows that encouraging young children to read is very good but the choice in literature mut be careful!... I was exposed to BEAU GESTE, THE RED BADGE OF COURAGE and similar opus at a very young age (I was a precocious and avid reader)... when I went to University I had read lots of books including War&Peace, Gone with the Wind, The Three Musketeers and lots more... this is becoming too personal I guess but it at least informs you of the deep roots of my obsessions... same with the LIttle Big Horn (blame Errol Flynn).

So, commited to 6mm scale by now thanks to Baccus minis, specially proxies.

PM Ledfoot65
Standard User
Zinderneuf
Ledfoot65
15th Sep 2021 01:00:12

Thanks for the inspiration!

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Zinderneuf
ironass
21st Sep 2023 04:50:02

Dear Rakkasan,                                                                                                                                                          As you can see the BEAU GESTE period is very easy to do with Leven buildings and Baccus minis "proxies" (Franco-Prussian War French skirmishing Republican Troops)... + other delicacies from other packs (mainly Colonial). So no need of new packs at all! (I did not pester Peter with those... LOL).

PM Estarriol
Standard User
Zinderneuf
Estarriol
10th Oct 2023 04:05:59

Just noticed this topic, here is my scratchbuilt Fort Trouducul.

Fort Truducal

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Zinderneuf
ironass
11th Oct 2023 06:56:47

Nice model Estarriol... the name of the fort is funny in French... what scale?

PM Estarriol
Standard User
Zinderneuf
Estarriol
11th Oct 2023 10:23:28

6mm, the only reason there are no figures is they are a different make and this is the baccus forum.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by jon1066
3rd May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by milopea
3rd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by ChrisBBB
2nd May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS