Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > BaccStarter > Wellington in India
TOPIC: Wellington in India
PM rsjahn
Standard User
Wellington in India
rsjahn
29th Mar 2018 06:39:17

What I would like to see are sepoys form the East India Company and Indian Soldiers to do a bit of Wellington in India (Assaye) - it would be both, colonial and napoleonic range. As a devoted reader of Patrick O'Brians Aubrey/Maturin books a Mauritius campaign with sepoys woud be possbile too. Maybe with some 1/300 ships from  Langton...

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Wellington in India
Whirlwind
29th Mar 2018 12:05:51

I could probably be persuaded to pledge for this, but what codes exactly would you want to see (so I could make specific pledges)?

PM rsjahn
Standard User
Wellington in India
rsjahn
29th Mar 2018 03:28:29

Good question...

Madras and/or Bengal Infantry, Artillery and Cavalry - at least infantry would be great.
And the same on the Indian/Mahratta side. 

Its really a bit more some than just a supplement, I fear...

PM HuubStegeman
Standard User
Wellington in India
HuubStegeman
14th Aug 2018 11:30:01

I'd happily buy full HEIC, Sikh, Mahratta, Mutineer and Afghan armies if these became available. And I'd keep on adding to them too!

I've looked at these from a competing producer, and to be honest, i just find them too fugly to even consider...

PM Dragoon
Standard User
Wellington in India
Dragoon
16th Jan 2019 12:04:01

Generally speaking, the British of the Post AWI Era are the poor relations. 

Not a great deal an be done in 6mm. But generals, with a 6mm army are more likely to be represented than those in the larger scales because looking at a standard size for games being 6’ X 4’ ( 1800mm X 1200mm) and using my old fashioned Newbury Rules  the in 25mm 15mm 10mm and 6mm an infantry battalion is 24 figures in a single line. So 6mm in a Single line of 24 figures is 120mm. My 15mm figures are a tight 7.5mm so a line is 180mm. Of course my Bacchus figures will have a second rank added to the Baccus battalions but making no difference to the space taken up as both bases are 15mm deep but I find that I now have the relative space of a 10’ X 6’ table and I can tell you that using 15mm figures on that size table it’s an army, the same applies to the

6’X 4’ baccus table you can 2 corps on  the table.. no comes the but I will have a recognisable Wellington, but apart from Uxbridge wellington, Hill,  Orange and Uxbridge must all stand out. The aide de camp’s can all be the same brigadiers and divisional generals must be different to show say a telescope for the latter and pointing for the former, in separate packs say 3 of one rank per pack. For the brits infantry there are the bicorne’s 1890’s and top hats that marines wore prior to the Shakos.  

Back to more priming and wearing out brushes.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by HyveMynd
15th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
14th May 2024

Camels by DuncanWB
14th May 2024

And you thought 6mm was small? by Wigster600
14th May 2024

ITMA - French Carabiniers and Empress Dragoons by dourpuritan
14th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS