Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > BaccStarter > Cortez, Pizarro, Cabeza de Vaca & Hernando de Soto
TOPIC: Cortez, Pizarro, Cabeza de Vaca & Hernando de Soto
PM lukicpz35t
Standard User
Cortez, Pizarro, Cabeza de Vaca & Hernando de Soto
lukicpz35t
12th May 2022 06:40:38

What about doing a "Conquistadores" range? Or maybe call it a "Spanish conquest of the Americas" range?, to be more politically correct? (in the US currently there is a great debate - in my opinion too politically biased - on the memories of colonization, conquest, native americans, etc.. But this is a subject of other rumbles).

It always fashinated me that era of clash of civilizations. As a kid I've read "Guns, Germs and Steel" by Jared Diamond, and then "The Conquest of America" by Tzvetan Todorov, two really enlighting works.

Then I kinda lost interest in the subject, but in my memory it keeps fashinating me, resounding with the marvel of childhood.

I'd like to see some generic Conquistadores figures: Infantry with armor/no armor and with the fancy spanish helmet. It can already be used something from the 30 Years War range, but it misses the 1500s flavor.

And then it would be necessary to create a set of Americans: Aztec, Incas, and various hunter-gathers "generic" tribes, maybe a couple of variations. 

Hope someone else is interested in this range.

Thanks,

L.

PM David Kay
Standard User
David Kay
16th May 2022 07:08:49

Whilst having no ambition for a Conquistadores range, I do have a "dream" of creating some Native American / First Nation armies that are roughly time compatible with my other Ancient armies (i.e. 500BCE-200AD) so could be interested in more figures for that purpose.

PM peter
Administrator
peter
16th May 2022 09:28:52

The Conquistadores saga is a massive story and I would like to cover it one day.  The problem is that I have one or two other things to get done first. 

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM David Kay
Standard User
David Kay
20th May 2022 07:38:36

Hopefully the Roman Western Auxiliary archer (oh no, not that again groans Peter) is getting somewhere near the top of the to do list

LATEST FORUM POSTS

1066 and all that by pushing.tin
6th May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by Rob Thorn
6th May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
5th May 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by horrorninja29@yahoo.co.uk
5th May 2024

Macedonian Successor Phalangites by Rob Thorn
4th May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS