Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > BaccStarter > Missing Options in Antiquity Range
TOPIC: Missing Options in Antiquity Range
PM Steffen1988
Standard User
Missing Options in Antiquity Range
Steffen1988
8th Nov 2020 10:24:54

Hi Folks,

I have looks which Models in the Antiquity Ranges are missing and I found the following holes:

Roman Hastati/Principes with Spears

Roman Principes in Mail with Pila

Roman Principes in Mail with Gladius

Imperial Roman Legionary in Mail - This option is missed the most because the Lorica Segmentata was highly possible only used in the West while in the East Mail dominated on the Balkan & Scale on the far eastern Parthian Front. The Mail could also painted as Scale.

Imperial Roman Auxilliary Archers in Western Stile and Mail - There are only Eastern Syrian/Harrian Archers in the Range.

Carthagian Generals

Gallic Armoured Infantry

Moorish Archer

Parthian Militia with Spears

What do you Folks think? Any interest in those options by Baccus? I for my Part would have interest in Hastati/Principes with Spears and Princips in Mail with Pila.

Nice Regards

Steffen

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Whirlwind
9th Nov 2020 05:07:16

Was Gallic infantry ever armoured at battle scales (as opposed to a few individuals)?

PM Steffen1988
Standard User
Steffen1988
9th Nov 2020 04:56:33

Elite Units, Nobles on Foot, Noricum or latest when Foederated with Rome as Client or Vassal.

PM lukicpz35t
Standard User
lukicpz35t
10th Nov 2020 07:37:53

Yes, I'd like to see more of the Antique lines expanded. I was happy to see more medieval lately. It would be nice to see every year a little add here and there to the different lines.

Recently I read a book on Ancient Egypt, and I noticed a lack of Assyrians and Babilonians. 1300 BC would be a good time frame to expand too, so we could get to use more of the Hittites and Egyptians. And of course some Acheans vs Troyans, that is right time too.

And I again support anything Byzantine, they come handy to fight anything ranging from Attila to the Mamaluks! :)

Thanks,

Luca

PM David Kay
Standard User
David Kay
10th Nov 2020 09:07:48

There was another post about the republican range on another thread. I did point the writer at the Rapier Miniatures range which has some of the missing figures.

Some of the others you could "borrow" from other series, including potentially some of the non-ancient ones, with a bit of conversion, addition of 3d printed parts, or even a heavy paint job. For instance did Carthagian generals look much different from some of the figures in the Greek or Roman generals packs and the Greek archers could easily pass off as Moorish archers.

From my perspective the only figure that I would really want is the western Roman auxiliary archer. At the moment none of the manufatcures seem to produce a suitable base figure. Although, I did just about manage to adapt some Rapier Princeps to form one cohort of archers. I am now giving some consideration to getting some cast privately.

PM peter
Administrator
peter
10th Nov 2020 10:48:32

Yes, we do need to flesh out the Imperial Romans and that is certainly part of my current planning.  This has been one of my favourite subjects since childhood and it deserves some attention.   As some have pointed out, you can proxy a fair amount of your wish list from existing models.  

I do intend to add more to the Ancients ranges over the coming months.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM Steffen1988
Standard User
Steffen1988
10th Nov 2020 06:44:25

Thanks's for your Answer Peter,

as said, the Imperial Roman Range miss Western Styled Archers and Legionary with Mail (which can be painted as Scale).
Nice would also 3rd Century Roman Cavalry & Infantry with massive Niederbiber Helmet Type and 3rd Cen. Eastern Auxillary with Spangenhelm Helmet Type .

I agree that some options can solved by Paintjob.

PM David Kay
Standard User
David Kay
13th Nov 2020 08:56:18

That's good news Peter. I would go along with Luca's comments about a little here and there across the ancients range (as long as the Roman Western archer was near the top of course).

PM Steffen1988
Standard User
Steffen1988
16th Nov 2020 04:07:56

There is also no Ballista Team in Mail/Scale

PM David Kay
Standard User
David Kay
17th Nov 2020 08:55:32

The crew for the Marian bolt throwers are in mail armour.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by ChrisBBB
2nd May 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by dourpuritan
2nd May 2024

Bloody big battles basing by jon1066
2nd May 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS