Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > BaccStarter > Napoleonic French Ligh Infantry 1806
TOPIC: Napoleonic French Ligh Infantry 1806
Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Napoleonic French Ligh Infantry 1806
ironass
9th Nov 2019 12:25:56

After much consulting reference books I have got to the conclusion that the two uniforms were already coexistant by 1806... so do like me get French Voltigeurs and at a strecht cut the plume out... the rest is a painting job. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET ALL the changes of uniform of the Napoleonic era. So I wont pester Peter about that no more... no more... no more

PM Whirlwind
Standard User
Whirlwind
9th Nov 2019 12:51:40

Ironass,

I wouldn't quite give up on it.  I would just wait until the next time Peter is looking at the Napoleonic range and ask then.  After all, troops in French cut uniforms with side-plumes would be useful for Dutch and Swiss troops too, IIRC.

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
ironass
17th Nov 2019 08:58:45

Whirlwind,  just got my copy of LES SUISSES AU SERVICE DE LA FRANCE by HEIMDAL soon on amazon I guess... not have been able to see side plumes on them at all ... but I guess at some time maybe the light companies could have indulged on that fashion too. If I fall again with Napoleonics (quite resisting nowadays) I think I will go for the frontal plume for light cos. No info about Dutch side plumes... 1815?... Cheers.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by njt236
28th Apr 2024

To make Pete happy: Kliszow (GNW) by dourpuritan
28th Apr 2024

French white coat infantry in Tarleton helmets with colourful flags 1791-94 by Colin the Wargamer
27th Apr 2024

ANTIETAM 6mm by ironass
26th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by jon1066
26th Apr 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS

LATEST RELEASES

HCNOMAD - Hail Caesar Arab Nomad ArmyHCNOMAD
Hail Caesar Arab Nomad Army

GNF11 - Ottoman Turkish FlagsGNF11
Ottoman Turkish Flags

AMN04 - Martu/Amorite ArchersAMN04