Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Rules > Polemos Rules > GDD Army generator Questions
TOPIC: GDD Army generator Questions
PM Andros
Standard User
GDD Army generator Questions
Andros
5th Jul 2017 12:36:53

Hi, I just read the GDD rules and I was trying to build some armies with the army generator, and I have some question about it (I hope I put the thread in the right section):

1. In some armies, like Austrian 1805, some of the infantry battalion and SK results can be something like Jaeger SK1 (austria 1805) or Light SK2 (Britain 1812) and similars without training specification; How do I know if they are trained/raw/veteran? does being jaeger changes something in game terms or it's just an hint on which miniatures use for that battalion?

2.In some armies, for the Sappers it's written: (D6 after first infantry division completed), in other just : (D6). Does it changes something? or t's always one dice roll per army?

3.In the Britain 1812 army list it says that one brigade it's of portuguese troops, so it means that for the british one I have to roll a d10 for experience and SK rating, whle for the portuguese one it's always 4 line battalions SK1 and one of caçadores SK2, right? but that means that the portuguese brigade will have different kind of skirmish level while usually all units of the same battalion should have same SK and training level, is that right? Or I have misinterpreted the process and I should roll for every single battalion for every army?

I hope I explained my doubts properly, since english it's not my native language and I may have wrote something wrong.

Thank you very much in advance

Cheers!

PM Andros
Standard User
Andros
7th Jul 2017 12:20:55

Ok, thank you very much!

So basically I can give them a historically accurate profile, when not specified, that's cool.

So a jaeger trained SK1, in pure game terms, would be the same as a line infantry trained SK1, there are no differences, right?

And just to be sure, if a brigade has, let's say, 4 battalions, I have to throw only a d10 for the whole brigade training, not one for every battalion (unless otherwise specified) true?

Thank you very much again

Andrea

PM Andros
Standard User
Andros
10th Jul 2017 06:06:40

Hi Jonathan

Ok, I understood.

Thank you very much for the help!

Cheers!

LATEST FORUM POSTS