Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> Painting and Modelling > Painting Questions > västmanlans regiment
TOPIC: västmanlans regiment
PM mangemani
Standard User
västmanlans regiment
mangemani
18th Jan 2018 02:54:46

im looking for some info regarding the uniforms of the officers, drummers, sub-officers and the standard bearers för västmanlands(or vastmanlands in english) great northern war regiment. i got all the info i need on the regular soldier uniforms, so i just need the command uniforms.

PM Stenbock
Standard User
västmanlans regiment
Stenbock
19th Jan 2018 11:46:46

At 1700 (from the Book The Great Northern War 1700-1721, and my own assumptions noted): For the NCO (Sub-officers) and Officers, they had blue lining as was the jacket itself (I tend to do a lighter blue than the royal blue for the uniform, but in theory it was probably very similar to each others). Blue stockings (tall socks).  In summary very blue!   The NCOs would have blue Karpus with silver lining.  Higher officers I would assume with hats with Silver/Gold lace depending on rank.  The standard bearer would normally be a lower officer, so the same.  As for musicians (drummers) they tended to have more elaborate lace and sometimes reverse uniform to the men (in this case yellow with blue lining).  However, I would make them, with blue jacket and some silver/yellow detailing.    Are you doing a full battalion?

Stenbock / Per Broden

Check out my blog with some 6mm diversions - Roll a One

PM mangemani
Standard User
västmanlans regiment
mangemani
19th Jan 2018 08:34:19

yepp, full battalion

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
25th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53