Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Proxies and Alternatives > Little Big Horn
TOPIC: Little Big Horn
PM Nick the Lemming
Standard User
Little Big Horn
Nick the Lemming
22nd Nov 2017 02:34:32

Why not use the Native Americans in the AWI range?

PM peter
Administrator
Little Big Horn
peter
11th Dec 2017 11:32:30

This range is on the horizon.  How far away that horizon has yet to be determined, but it will be happening.

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM njt236
Standard User
Little Big Horn
njt236
4th May 2018 08:44:03

Nice work. I like the all grey mounts for E cpy. Custer did have each company ride different colour horses so that they could be more easily identified at a distance. A cpy all blacks, B, F, I & L cpys all bays, C cpy light sorrel, D cpy black and bays, E cpy all greys, G & K cpys Sorrel, H cpy red bay, M cpy a mixture of all colours.

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM njt236
Standard User
Little Big Horn
njt236
5th May 2018 02:43:25

The mounted troopers (ACW13). Do they have drawn sabres?. Looking at the photo of code ACW13 it does look like they do have drawn sabres. As a proxy for the 7th they wouldn't be historically accuarate for Little Big Horn. Custer had all the 7ths' sabres returned in a wagon to Fort Lincoln prior to the battle. Apparently he wanted to travel fast and light so as to be the first of the US troops to engage the hostiles, so they only had their carbines. Had they their sabres Custer could have led sabre charges against the Indians and history could have been much different.  

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

PM peter
Administrator
Little Big Horn
peter
8th May 2018 12:54:21

In all the Pony Wars games I played, B Troop never made it back home....

I have plans.   I am dangerous when I have plans...

PM njt236
Standard User
Little Big Horn
njt236
8th May 2018 08:11:21

I still have my copy of Pony wars from years and years ago. 

G S Patton

PM njt236
Standard User
Little Big Horn
njt236
3rd Jun 2018 02:51:28

Liking them

G S Patton

PM chopperboydan
Standard User
Little Big Horn
chopperboydan
25th Jun 2018 05:35:55

Remembering the battle today 25th June, I must do "The Battle of Little Big Horn" one day in 6mm too..It's on my list of battles to cover :)

USUTHU!

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Little Big Horn
dourpuritan
6th Sep 2018 07:12:56

Looks excellent.

A little goes a long way

Email ironass PM ironass
Standard User
Little Big Horn
ironass
17th Dec 2018 08:07:27

This thread is now closed. If I have to add any comment at all...  it would be now posted in the thread "I started a Blog", thanks for your patience.

LATEST FORUM POSTS

6mm basing sand issue by Darren redstar
27th Mar 2024

New nomads by peter
27th Mar 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by peter
27th Mar 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by diadochi
27th Mar 2024

Glue by David Kay
26th Mar 2024

UPCOMING SHOWS