Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > Proxies and Alternatives > King Philip's War
TOPIC: King Philip's War
PM roughneck2
Standard User
King Philip's War
roughneck2
30th Sep 2016 09:37:11

Hi guys

Any suggestions for the militia forces in King Phlip's War.

I was thinking either ECW musketeers (although from my reading the Massachusetts militia didn't use the bandoliers) or possibly the AWI militia.

regards

Roger 

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
King Philip's War
Glenn Pearce
1st Oct 2016 03:11:31

Hello Roger!

I think your pretty much limited to stuff from the ECW range. Baccus plans to redo this range shortly in fact some of the new pikemen can be seen in the news section. They also plan to expand the range so it's possible that some of the new figures might be an even better choice.

A lot of the AWI militia have tricornes which I don't think were in use yet.

Best regards,

Glenn

PM roughneck2
Standard User
King Philip's War
roughneck2
4th Oct 2016 12:35:08

Thanks for that Glenn.

I totally agree that the ECS range would be the best bet. Be interested to see what some of the new sculpts look like.

Do yo have any thoughts on King William's War, Queen Annes War and King George's War. I think there seems to be plenty of scope for the  French and Indian Wars as a whole.

regards

Roger     

PM Stenbock
Standard User
King Philip's War
Stenbock
4th Oct 2016 09:14:56

Roger, perhaps you could consider the AWI Rebel models AWR10 - Infantry Hunting Shirt, Round Hat, Skirmish for roundhat militia. The French and Indian wars are well covered using a mxture of the SYW and the AWI range.

/ Per

Stenbock / Per Broden

Check out my blog with some 6mm diversions - Roll a One

PM Glenn Pearce
Standard User
King Philip's War
Glenn Pearce
4th Oct 2016 02:34:38

Hello Rodger!

Your welcome!

I've not looked that closely for uniforms that would match KWW, QAW and KGW other then as mentioned the F&IW range and perhaps some from the AWI. I think the tricorn appeared around 1680 so a careful review of the actual uniforms in each war should allow you to find all the figures you need. I'm sure some of the same uniforms (at least in 6mm) were in use for most of those wars.

Best regards,

Glenn

PM roughneck2
Standard User
King Philip's War
roughneck2
4th Oct 2016 09:09:38

Thanks again guys.

I've picked copies of the three Osprey Colonial America books from the library which have some good information on the American and Crown troop/militia/Ranger  uniforms. At a glance I'm sure the existing Baccus ranges would cover most of the conflict.

regards

Roger  

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Desert nomads where are they? by DuncanWB
15th Apr 2024

2004 Shows by Whirlwind
15th Apr 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by peter
15th Apr 2024

2004 Shows by peter
15th Apr 2024

The Army of Northern Virginia by ironass