Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > Posting photos to the forum
TOPIC: Posting photos to the forum
Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
Posting photos to the forum
dourpuritan
17th Oct 2017 06:32:47

When the photo is copied from my hosting site I return to Baccus, click on the picture icon;  the URL box has the cursor in it. I then bring up the menu which includes paste, and click on paste. The string of  code appears in the URL box and I then click on ok and the picture appears. I then post and it seems to be automatically the right fit.

A little goes a long way

PM RichSmith
Standard User
RichSmith
17th Oct 2017 06:59:54

yep, been doing that.... all im getting is an outline of the photo with a blue square amd question mark in it...

PM RichSmith
Standard User
RichSmith
17th Oct 2017 07:00:34

PM RichSmith
Standard User
RichSmith
17th Oct 2017 07:01:25

Ahhhh! that was from posting the link directly into the text section and not going via the photo icon in the menu

PM RichSmith
Standard User
RichSmith
17th Oct 2017 07:10:29

thanks for your help, got it sorted now... i'll avoid the 'insert image' button and just paste direct into text

Standard User
dourpuritan
18th Oct 2017 04:40:38

Photobucket is now demanding payment before you can post to another site. I initially paid before this happened just to get rid of adverts and to enable things to move more smoothly. Recently photobucket took my annual subscription (about £30) and I can still post. They do not seem to be demanding as much as their ads suggest, maybe because I only post a few dozen photos a year. Anyway it still works.

A little goes a long way

PM njt236
Standard User
njt236
18th Oct 2017 05:37:24

I use Dropbox to upload pictures/files to then post elsewhere. It's free. Don't pay a penny. 

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

Standard User
dourpuritan
19th Oct 2017 07:21:50

Yes, there is a great deal of smugness about this, but it is never followed by............AND THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT.

A little goes a long way

PM njt236
Standard User
njt236
19th Oct 2017 05:25:13

Go to www.dropbox.com and create an account. Click on Upload Files and double click the picture to upload. Once uploaded click and open the picture, now right click and select copy image address. Back to the forum. Select image icon and paste into the URL  box. in the width box type in 655 to resize. then OK. then post.

Simples

Through the travail of the ages Midst the pomp and toil of war Have I fought and strove and perished Countless times upon this star.
So as through a glass and darkly The age long strife I see Where I fought in many guises, Many names but always me.
So forever in the future Shall I battle as of yore, Dying to be born a fighter But to die again once more.         

G S Patton

LATEST FORUM POSTS

6mm basing sand issue by Darren redstar
27th Mar 2024

New nomads by peter
27th Mar 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by peter
27th Mar 2024

Desert nomads where are they? by diadochi
27th Mar 2024

Glue by David Kay
26th Mar 2024