Notice: Due to issues with the processing of VAT on deliveries to the EU a limit has been put in place, restricting orders to a maximum of £135. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
> Forums
> General > General > gettysburg maps
TOPIC: gettysburg maps
PM mangemani
Standard User
gettysburg maps
mangemani
26th Mar 2017 01:27:46

im not sure this is the right place asking these kind of questions, but im looking for som battle maps of the battle of gettysburg.

im trying to recreate an huge battlefield with baccus 6mm figs. my focus is on the third day of the battle, pickets charge, and i like to get my hands on some detailed maps that shows the position of the union troops at the union centre, along the stonewall/the angle, the batallions/regiments, the reserves, the numbers of cannons, the possition of the brigade generals and if its possible, the terrain to.

i have tried the google search, but just got general maps of the battlefield out of that, no detailed or specific maps. im not looking for books to buy, i want something easy to come by here and now.

do you guys have any?

PM mangemani
Standard User
gettysburg maps
mangemani
26th Mar 2017 03:25:04

and thats those general maps i mentioned, i allready know about them, i want more details, like how many guns was stationed here and there and so on.

PM Harlequin
Standard User
gettysburg maps
Harlequin
28th Mar 2017 08:32:55

Hi, mangemani.

Have you had a look at  obscurebattles.blogspot.com? On the right hand side of the page click on 2014, then October, which is "Pickett's Charge". Might be of some use.

PM chopperboydan
Standard User
gettysburg maps
chopperboydan
29th Mar 2017 09:02:48

Hi, have you taken a look at Mark Adkin's book the gettysburg companion? loads of detail in that one :)

cheers Dan

USUTHU!

PM mangemani
Standard User
gettysburg maps
mangemani
1st Apr 2017 11:43:35

i must thank you Harlequin. i had never heard of that site before, but thats exactly what i was looking for, excelent map with detailed info about everything, many thanks:)

PM mangemani
Standard User
gettysburg maps
mangemani
2nd Apr 2017 04:07:46

is there any similar map for the battle of waterloo to? im not working on that battlefield at the moment, but i will in the future, would be nice with this kinda map of that battlefield to when i start:)

PM Harlequin
Standard User
gettysburg maps
Harlequin
2nd Apr 2017 04:13:53

My pleasure. Hope we'll see pics of the final project. Looking forward to them.

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
gettysburg maps
dourpuritan
2nd Apr 2017 05:50:22

In the same series as The Gettysburg Companion is The Waterloo Companion.

A little goes a long way

PM mangemani
Standard User
gettysburg maps
mangemani
2nd Apr 2017 06:09:22

cant seem to find it on that site and when i google search on "Waterloo Companion" i just gets books. maybe you can point me at the right direction?

Email dourpuritan PM dourpuritan
Standard User
gettysburg maps
dourpuritan
3rd Apr 2017 06:45:18

The Waterloo Companion by Mark Adkin is probably out of print, but there are at least 25 copies available on Amazon.

A little goes a long way

LATEST FORUM POSTS

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
25th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by Mort53
25th Apr 2024

Gettysburg reenacted (solo) by ironass
25th Apr 2024

Pre 1st May by DuncanWB
23rd Apr 2024

Save the Date! BBB BASH DAY V, Daventry, Sunday 19 May 2024 by ChrisBBB
23rd Apr 2024